Welcome to the Anita Scott Elementary Staff Blog

Hello Scott Elementary and welcome to a new school year!

I hope for many of you that your summers have been restful. And for the rest of you, I believe you need the T-Shirt that states: "I've survived Summer 2013...can you believe it!" It's amazing how many staff members have been in hospitals, emergency rooms, rehab centers, and more. Thankfully for most, things are calming down just in time for the start of a new school year.

Some of us in the office have been working for a week now getting prepared to start a new school year. We are also preparing to see all of you back on campus. We have some new things planned for 2013-2014 and one of them is this blog.

This will be the way we will communicate great stuff to you. Instead of filling up your email inbox with lots of messages, it will be posted on this blog instead.

Why a blog? Why not simply email us?

One of the great benefits of using a blog instead of emails is that it saves everything. If you are like me, I read my stuff and delete it. But sometimes I need that information again and can't locate it. The blog will help keep everything you need organized.

Listed below are some blog "norms" which will help us understand how to use this tool more effectively.

Blog Norms:
  • Please leave comment... I want to encourage you to comment on these blog posts. Add your name and keep the conversation going. Please ask questions if you have them and leave them in the comments section. If you have a question then most likely others will too. I will reply with answers or clarifying comments.
  • To share or not to share... I understand this will probably be a different way to communicating than you are used to. Some may be excited about this way of communicating and want to share something in this blog with others. However, this blog is intended for communication between Scott employees. Please do not share a link to this blog with others outside our campus. If you really want to share something, please let me know and we will work together so you can share something you really might like in this blog.
  • Stay informed... Several times I have sat in meetings listening to someone share information that could have been communicated in an email or newsletter and felt it was a waste of my time. One of the many benefits of sharing information this way is so we don't have to spend our staff meetings going over the same information. So I expect you to have knowledge of the information in this blog. Please take the time to read it now, so it will save us time down the road.
  • Other people can contribute... I would love to have others contribute to the development of this blog, so I may ask from time to time if you would please contribute a posting to this blog.

Be sure to bookmark the link to the blog. I will be posting a schedule of our activities for staff development week coming soon.

I'm looking forward to this next school year.
Don Jacobs, Principal @ Scott Elementary

Comments

christiana said…
Thanks! Love this idea! I am always searching emails for stuff. Can we have the background changed to a solid color? On iphone it's hard to read with the background.
Unknown said…
Yes, I see what you are talking about...I will work on that...thanks for the suggestion.
Jill Pendleton said…

Love this! I already have it saved to my home screen on my phone. Thanks😃
Unknown said…
Great idea! It will be easier to get to on my phone!
Unknown said…
Love this idea!!!
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.