School Improvement Process


Good Evening Scott Staff,

(I'm writing this at home so it's evening for me, but it could be morning for you)

Because we did not "Meet Standard" as a campus on the school accountability system this school year, there will be a process we will all be a part of for this school year. So, I want to begin to fill you in on the process for School Improvement. I know that you might be a little worried about it and I want to assure you that it is going to be okay. We have a wonderful district administration who is going to be very supportive throughout this process.

First of all, we had to name a District Coordinator of School Improvement (DCSI). That will be Kenny Kaye Hudson, but Julia Robinson will be working hand in hand together on this project. 

Second, we will be working with a Professional Service Provider (PSP). Today, Mr. Worthy, Kenny Kaye, Julia, and I visited with a lady named Judy Caskey who is a PSP. She will be working with our district throughout this process and let me say she is a wonderful person. She is very knowledgeable and a very caring and warm person. I know that you will like her. I have invited Judy Caskey to visit our campus so I can introduce her to our staff. She will be on our campus at a variety of times during the school year.

Third, we will need to assemble a Campus Leadership Team for the school improvement process that will consist of key campus leaders such as yourselves, a representative from a grade level team, a content area coach or facilitator, a Bilingual/ESL representative, and a special education representative. We will have to meet to discuss progress etc. More details on this will be coming.

Please don't stress about this process because we will have it under control. Again, our district leadership is very supportive and knows you are a wonderful group of educators. I am so proud of all of you and the work you do for our students. You guys do an amazing job everyday with our students and that is what really counts!!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comments