Technology for Teachers

Thank you for your time today during our campus PLCs. I would like to get your feedback regarding technology.

I believe as educators, we need to be using technology in the classrooms with students. Ultimately, students are the ones who need to use technology to collaborate, critical think, and create work developed by the teachers. I also believe teachers need to first be comfortable using technology BEFORE introducing digital devices into the classroom to work with students.

With this in mind, I would like to get your thoughts about a digital device you believe would be helpful to you as a classroom teacher. This would not necessarily be a device every student at Scott Elementary would need to be using. This would be primary a tool for the classroom teacher.

Please keep in mind this device would be a tool to help you do your work. This would need to be a device you can use in a PLC, take with you for professional development, use this to access student data, run reports, develop lesson plans, research curriculum ideas, collaborate with other teachers, and more... (Update a classroom website/blog, manage your educational social media accounts, and upload pictures of students learning---okay this little bit is for my "connected" educators in the room).

Updated 9/5/2013

I'm adding some resources to help you make an educated decision. Here are some resources I think you will find useful:



Let me know what you think in the survey below or here in this link.


Comments