Great day of Planning!

Thursday afternoon seemed like a great success!

I was very excited to see all our teachers from across the district getting together and sharing their ideas. My favorite part of the day was seeing other teachers lead the discussions in each room instead of district leaders or campus principals. I think we learn best from other people who are being successful doing the same job we are doing. Thank you all for your positive attitudes going into this day and I'm glad I had the opportunity to be a part of it.

Unfortunately, my morning was not as productive as I was hoping it would be at Region 10. I'm glad to know our campus is far beyond the other districts/campuses who also were rated "improvement required". Because of the excellent teachers we have at Scott Elementary, we are going to beat this thing. We are going to rise above the state accountability system thanks to the support of Kenny Kaye Hudson, Julia Robinson, Chandra White and others.

This weekend our family hit the State Fair. The rides were excellent and we sampled the two prize winners for this year... Deep Fried Cuban Roll & Thanksgiving Dinner. Also, I will be traveling to Austin to speak with Asst. Principals at C.A.M.P. TEPSA. I will be sharing about technology stuff (of course). Check out the website here.






Hope you enjoy your 4-day weekend...you truly deserve the break!

Comments

Unknown said…
Looks like y'all had a blast!! Love it!